By E. De Santis, L. Proietti, V. De Santis (auth.), Francesco Saverio Santori, Nicola Santori, Annarita Piccinato (eds.)
Avascular Necrosis (AVN) is a affliction caused by transitority or everlasting lack of blood offer. It usually impacts the femoral head and during this quarter, if left untreated, commonly factors untimely joint destruction.
In the united states, five to ten% of situations of hip osteoarthritis requiring overall hip substitute are essentially because of AVN. In 33 to seventy two% of sufferers, the disorder is bilateral. the height prevalence is among 30 and 60 years of age, and the social bills of this pathology are outstanding. there's for this reason expanding curiosity in hip joint maintaining options similar to conservative therapy via electromagnetic fields and shockwaves in addition to joint maintaining surgical recommendations. This quantity goals to offer an entire review of the present wisdom on AVN together with healing options.
Read Online or Download Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head: Current Trends PDF
Best nonfiction_10 books
The GABA elevate happens and (2) the realm of the mind which could mediate the anticonvulsant research of the body structure, biochemistry, job. 3 compounds that bring up mind pharmacology and anatomy of GAB A and GABA GABA by way of specific mechanisms have been utilized in those containing neural platforms, keeps to bare the reports: di-n-propylacetate (DPA, sodium val wealthy complexities linked to this neuroactive proate, Depakene(R)), amino-oxyacetic acid amino acid (see contemporary symposia 1,2,3).
Quantity 10 Sound: The Musical approach 10 the clinical Revolution is a suite of twelve essays by way of writers from the fields of musicology and the historical past of technology. The essays exhibit the assumption of track held through Euro th pean intellectuals who lived from the second one half the 15 century to the th early 17 : physicians (e.
Conceptual advances within the organic sciences are marked by way of the applica tion of recent thoughts and experimental suggestions. Nowhere has this ge neric precept been extra obvious than within the learn of testicular cells, as judged through the evolution of topics awarded on the Testis Workshop during the last 23 years.
- Treatment of Asthma: The long-acting beta-2-agonists
- Geometric Properties for Parabolic and Elliptic PDE's
- Rumanian Folk Music: Texts
- Pattern Recognition Approach to Data Interpretation
- Atlas of Correlative Surgical Neuropathology and Imaging
- Stable Fixation of the Hand and Wrist
Additional info for Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head: Current Trends
5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. Ohzono K, Saito M, Takaoka K et al (1991) Natural history of non-traumatic avascular necrosis of the femoral head. J Bone Joint Surg Br 73:68-72 Mont MA, Hungerford S (1995) Current concepts review: non-traumatic avascular necrosis of the femoral head. J Bone Joint Surg Am 77:459-474 Steinberg ME, Brighton CT, Bands RE, Hartman KM (1990) Capacitive coupling as an adjunctive treatment for avascular necrosis. Clin Orthop 261: 11-18 Fairbank AC, Bhatia D, Jinnah RH, Hungerford DS (1995) Long-term results of core decompression for ischaemic necrosis of the femoral head.
Benigno 21. Seidl M, Steinbach P, Hofstadter F (1994) Shock wave induced endothelial damage-in situ analysis by confocal laser scanning microscopy. Ultrasound Med Bioi 20:571-578 Fischer DE (1978) The role of fat embolism in the etiology of corticosteroid-induced avascular necrosis. Clin Orthop 130:68-80 Gluek q, Freiberg R, Gluek HI et al (1994) Hypofibrinolysis with high levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor. Am J HematoI45:156-166 Saito S, Ohzono K,Ono K (1992) Early arteriopathy and postulated pathogenesis of osteonecrosis of the femoral head.
Stable X-ray images at the end of follow-up were observed in only 25% of hips treated with CD, in 32% of those treated with electrical stimulation, and in 32% treated with CD+ PEME The above data allow some conclusions to be drawn regarding the treatment options for each stage on the basis of a follow-up at 36 months. The indication is that non-weight bearing does not constitute an effective treatment for osteonecrosis of the femur head. 38 R. Cadossi, E. Vaienti, L. C. Traina For hips in stage I treated with CD or electrical stimulation, the clinical result was uniformly good and both treatments proved significantly better than non-weight bearing.